Graduation Allergies

It had to be this week. It had to be this week that I get a cold, when I’ve successfully avoided one all school year (even in harsh Canadian winter weather). And of course, this had to come right after I had proudly congratulated my immune system for this healthy achievement earlier this week. Sigh.

I’m also upset because this weekend will be my last Haverfest and May Day at Bryn Mawr. Who knows when I will be able to come back? I want to be at my best so that I may enjoy these festivities as much as possible (and before finals come to bite me in the butt). How could this happen, especially now?

It’s the graduation woes. It finally hit me yesterday, after my last academic class, and after my last dance class. This really is happening. This life that I have, this home, will change, and there is nothing that I can do about it.

Right after ballet, the night was so serene and peaceful, instead of heading straight to my dorm room as usual, I took a detour to sit on one of the benches at the end of Senior Row and take up the campus all to myself. It was so quiet and majestic. I was saying goodbye to my home, and mixed feelings of excitement and nostalgia kept running into each other in my head as I contemplated this unique scenario. But having that personal two-on-two moment, just me and Bryn Mawr, was all I needed to take in these realizations.

Just as with my cold, graduation is something I can’t control, as is time. It’s happening, and all that I can do is live it while it happens to me, because it will never go back.

This is all, my dear friends. For the first time, I have been able to write something that is short (and hopefully a tad sweet for your taste buds). I guess I’ve just said everything that I’ve had to say, and now it’s time to say goodbye.

Luci